Monday, July 18, 2005

Harry Potter

OK, so I didn't pick up my copy Friday at midnight (I was tired and there was no place to park). But I bought it with ease Saturday morning from Jamaicaway Books and Gifts after buying paint at True Value Hardware. I didn't get 40% off, but I felt much happier shelling out $25 to the little independent bookstore than giving my money to Amazon or Boarders or, shudder, Walmart.

I actually didn't jump into it right away because I wanted to get my furniture painted, and I knew I was going to see Hamlet Saturday night in Boston Common. Transitioning from Harry Potter to a crowd of people in beach chairs watching Hamlet would be too weird, I thought. I managed to hold off until Sunday afternoon (when painting was complete).

I finished the book at midnight. And it's killing me that probably no one else I know has finished it yet. Hurry up! I'm dying to talk about it.

So stop doing all those unimportant things like eating, sleeping, and working and read Harry Potter.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I finished reading it yesterday afternoon...and sadly, I did buy it from Walmart (but only because Target closes at 10 and Walmart doesn't close until 11!) So, your thoughts? I feel as though I really need to re-read book 5 to put all the pieces together. But the ending was sad. :(

Knittyjen said...

I would like to reread the other books--especially five (but alas it's in Wisconsin) now that I've re-entered Harry Potter land. I really did cry for about the last 100 pages or so. I couldn't believe it--that I was actually crying. Laughed at myself (so did the cat, I think) but still needed to get kleenex.

I thought the book was quite good (although as the kids age the books' primary audience raises too, I feel).

I really don't want Snape to truly be evil...