Monday, August 29, 2005

Good News

Wow! Our E.D. just ran over so excited. She has been chosen to be a delegate at large for the White House Conference on Aging! She said she applied not ever thinking she would be chosen--they only chose 20--and she was picked. Of course, from my point of view she is obviously an excellent choice. Even other countries (like Israel) solicit her for advice.

On other topics: I really must apologize for my sporadic blogging of late. I really have been very busy with work. But today being a Monday--and also being quite flustered from an email I received this morning from a long lost friend--I feel justified in taking the time.

Last week, even though I was busy, I felt pretty calm and comfortable that I could accomplish everything by the target deadlines. Now, today, I'm not so sure. The announcement postcard isn't quite read yet, and it's supposed to be shipped off to the post office (all 5500 of them) by Friday. That seems a bit doubtful to me.

I've got the email blast going out Wednesday, and actually I feel pretty confident about that. I hope. I'm going to start sending it off in the morning this time, in case there's any trouble (see previous posts for the last disastrous attempts at a mass email).

Tomorrow I meet with "newsletter guy," which is great because he's great. But I don't feel as prepared as I did in the spring. But it'll be OK (breathe in, breathe out).

Well, I feel like this is all the time I can afford to take away from work right now. Hopefully I'll have time to post an update on my progress Wednesday.

P.S. I have new glasses! I need someone to take a picture of me... Boy do I need a camera...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

New glasses? My goodness this has been an eventful few days. Sorry I missed your call, phone service was terrible tonight. Can't wait to talk to you tomorrow!