Friday, August 25, 2006

Mind the Flying Pigs

I'm going to a Red Sox game!

Oh my!

My very good friend - who's name is not Molly - has invited me next Sunday (a.k.a day before Labor Day). I thought I'd never see a game.

In honor of the occasion -- although, really, it's just the result of me not being able to resist the siren call of a shoe sale -- I have bought a pair of Saucony trainers. This particular pair is so awesome that I can't even find them on the Saucony website. Well done, me. They are part of the Saucony Jazz Lowpro series, but my color combination (bright robin's egg blue with lime green accent), is not shown. You'll just have to dream about them. They're wicked comfortable and only $29.99 at the Thom Brown Outlet store on Newbury Street.

Sweet.

So, to summerize: the combination of new, good, affordably priced shoes plus my first red sox game equals flying pigs.

I'm just warning you.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I don't think the pigs will be flying on Sunday.

Just my luck. I've been wating for this game since the spring. Between the hurricane and the mass exodus due to lousy performance - Sunday may prove to be the lamest Red Sox game in recent history.

However, we should have no trouble fining good seats once we get there :) I promise we'll have a good time.