Friday, May 01, 2009

The Silver Lining

Well, perhaps it's more of a fuzzy wool lining. To my cloud of plague, I mean.

I've been feeling pretty lousy for several weeks, but today I decided I didn't even care if my eyes were dry and felt like sandpaper. I wanted to knit something.

So I knit the "Spiral Hat." I'm sure there is a pattern out there in the knitting universe to make such a hat - but I decided to make it up myself.

I based it on Crazy Aunt Purl's "easy roll-brim hat recipe" and added the purled spiral pattern. I haven't quite figured out how to write up, but when I do, I'll post it here. This is pretty much my first unique creation and I am pleased!

I'd like to thank the girl on the bus this winter who wore a hat with a similar pattern. I stared at her hat for so many weeks, I'm surprised she didn't take a restraining order against me. I guess a normal person would have asked her about her hat. But I've never claimed to be normal.

Spiral Hat

No comments: